Assistant Counsel-Transactional, Legal Services Downtown Columbus, Ohio
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity as an in-house attorney? Join one of the top public pension funds in the United States as an Assistant Counsel!
What youll do
In this key position, you will report to our Lead Transactional Counsel and be responsible for the review and negotiation of transactional matters for the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System. If you have a love of negotiation, contract drafting, and legal research, this may be the job for you!
For a full job details: https: www.opers.org/careers/position-details/Assistant-Counsel-Job-Posting.pdf
What youll bring
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) and license to practice law in Ohio.
- At least 4 years of general legal experience.
- Strong experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Experience interpreting state and federal laws.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Prior experience in negotiating investment contracts, including in alternative assets classes such as private equity, is highly desired.
- Prior experience reviewing and negotiating health care vendor contracts (including a working knowledge of HIPAA) is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of the Ohio Public Records Act is preferred but not required.
What we offer
- A collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- A competitive salary ranging from $99,299.20 – $128,585.60 annually.
- Professional growth through development opportunities and continuing education.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance, 13 days of vacation, 13 days of sick leave and three personal days each year to start.
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria and free onsite, covered parking.
Application deadline information
- We are accepting applications starting Monday, August 17, 2020 through Monday, August 31, 2020, or until filled.
Who we are
Since 1935, OPERS has provided security and peace of mind to Ohios retired public workers and their families by offering retirement, disability and survivor benefit programs for public employers. Our office is in downtown Columbus, minutes from the historic German Village neighborhood and the bustling Short North District. Columbus is a city that never stops innovating, thriving or shaping tomorrow and those attributes align perfectly with our core values. At OPERS, we never stop working for our members and investing in their futures.
As OPERS associates, we make a difference in our members lives from the moment they join the Plan, throughout their careers and well into retirement. When you join the OPERS family, you’ll become part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. And youll become a member too – the work we do as OPERS associates directly impacts our own futures.
Build your career by joining the largest state pension fund in Ohio which proudly serves approximately 1,173,000 public employees and retirees. Benefit from a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes access to financial and personal wellness tools and resources. Be part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. Apply today!