At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Legal team is looking for a motivated and highly qualified Corporate Attorney to join us in Raleigh, NC In this role, youll need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly evolving environment as you work on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and provide advice on general corporate matters. You will manage complex transactions, assess legal risks while applying good legal and business judgment, and provide nuanced advice and guidance to a rapidly expanding organization across geographies, cultures, and functions. Youll need to have excellent communication skills to interact with internal stakeholders while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, concise, and thorough matter. As an Corporate Attorney, you will help Red Hat achieve our goals in the areas of collaboration, transparency, and integrity and maintain continued growth as the worlds leader in enterprise open source solutions. You should have experience managing M&A transactions from the letter of intent (LOI) stage through integration. Youll also need to have good business judgment, passion for working collaboratively with others, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing technology and business landscape.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide legal support to Red Hat on a range of domestic and international corporate transactional matters, including M&As, inter-company agreements, and general corporate matters; examples of general corporate matters that a corporate attorney may assist with could include marketing advice, communications review, vendor contract review, banking and financing agreement review, and real estate
- Provide legal support to the Finance team for corporate venture capital activities
- Support compliance or commercial functions as needed
- Engage and manage the work of the outside counsel, including counsel outside the U.S.
- Develop a solid network of relationships inside and outside of the organization to support the objectives of the Legal team and the business as a whole
- Broad corporate and transactional generalist with 5-7 years of relevant professional experience (either in a law firm or in-house) that includes M&As and cross-border transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and solid analytical abilities demonstrated through your work experience
- Experience negotiating complex corporate transactions; excellent drafting and negotiating skills and a solid understanding of transaction life cycles
- Comfortable untangling and analyzing complex legal issues with a pragmatic approach to resolving them
- Ability to manage a range of legal issues like intellectual property (IP) and compliance matters, collaboratively with specialists within Red Hat and at outside counsel
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable working with cross-functional teams and senior management and ability to persuade others in a growing, global business
- Skilled at managing competing priorities effectively
- Proactive approach to recognizing business needs, anticipating issues, and determining next steps and actions
- Juris Doctor degree with excellent academic credentials
- License to practice law in any U.S. state
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.