- Develop and manage high level and complex relationships with state legislatures and staff
- Plan and execute strategies to ensure that legislation has a positive or neutral effect on the organization
- Monitor, analyze, and interpret legislation and proposed amendments to determine possible effect on Centene
- Advise senior management on how trends in state public policy may impact the organization’s business interests
- Analyze state budget documents and seek company input
- Attend hearings, conferences and other events on behalf of Centene to protect and advance the organizations business interests
- Manage the organization’s most high level, complex, controversial, or critical government relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Law, Public Administration or related field. 8+ years of government relations experience. Knowledge of laws governing the provision of public and private health coverage, Knowledge of rules governing California legislative process, Ability to understand and read state statutes and regulations. Ability to communicate complex issues clearly. Experience functioning as a lead. Substantial experience within the state Legislature or the Executive Branch preferred, Knowledge of State Program Funding, Established relationships with Regulatory and Legislative Staff, Advanced degree in public administration or law preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.