As a member of Deutsche Banks Legal Department in Jacksonville, Florida, you would be responsible for providing legal support to the Banks business lines and infrastructure functions related to information security, technology, and outsourcing. Your responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating intellectual property related agreements and agreements related to the outsourcing of technology and/or operations; providing legal advice to relevant stakeholders within the Bank in connection with third party transactions and client transactions; and identifying legal and regulatory risk.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Banks specialized employee groups
- An open seating environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DBThe Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Review, draft, negotiate, and oversee a broad range of complex commercial transactions related to the outsourcing of technology and operations, as well as software licenses, electronic trading, maintenance and support, consulting/software development services, co-locations, hosting, SaaS, market data agreements and index licenses
- Review, draft, and negotiate intellectual property related agreements including trademark and copyright licenses, speaker releases, sponsorships and publishing agreements
- Manage and resolve various intellectual property issues including settlements of claims and disputes
- Draft and negotiate intellectual property asset acquisitions and divestments
- Provide intellectual property (patent, trademark, copyright and general intellectual property/technology, including cybersecurity) legal advice to the firms business lines and infrastructure transactions in connection with third party transactions, client transactions and internal policies and governance
Your Skills and Experience:
- Strong client management and communication skills. Prior experience with communicating with vendors and keeping up with vendor management relationships
- Ability to oversee and manage outside counsel
- Strong command of intellectual property law and regulations impacting outsourcing
- Knowledge of and experience in the financial services industry
- Law degree and qualified as an attorney in NY, FL or other US jurisdiction
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.