Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor’s Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary’s skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency’s culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position is located in Raleigh – Wake County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Job Order Hourly Rate of Pay: $56.00 (Based on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
This temporary position will be assigned to the Office of State Auditor. Work with General Counsel on various legal matters and projects at the Office of the State Auditor. Some of these legal matters may include, but not limited to, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts; legal research; compliance matters; provide legal assistance in the development of policies and procedures; and assist with other legal matters that may arise at OSA.[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities or competencies specified in the posting and supplemental question(s) to be considered. “See Resume” is not acceptable to show work history.]
- Thorough knowledge of statutory, case and regulatory law
- Thorough knowledge of management principles, techniques and practices of the agencys organization and objectives
- Skill in directing employees and programs in various areas of responsibility
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, constitutional provisions, statutes, administrative regulations, and court decisions
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems and render formal opinions
- Ability to creatively develop case strategy and tactics
- Ability to plan and support the development of others
- Ability to provide strategic oversight for resource management matters including allocation of legal staff and assignment of case responsibilities
Licensed to practice law by the North Carolina State Bar and five years of progressively responsible professional legal experience.
Management Preference: Experience with state contracting process and regulations is strongly preferredTemporary Solutions
Office of State Human Resources
1110 Navaho Drive, Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27609