Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. Were a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. Thats why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesnt charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And were just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If youre looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As an Associate within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program at Chime, youll be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, management/administration of company-wide programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. With a focus on Anti-Money Laundering and Privacy risks, this role will help drive and deliver effective compliance and risk management strategies to support the identification of relevant risks, controls, and remediation activities.
Youll ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partners legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative compliance and risk management solutions. As a subject matter expert, this role is responsible for assisting in establishment of policies, standards and implementing procedures to ensure that risk and compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting risk and noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
The role will be located at Chime San Francisco headquarters and will report to Chime Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes.
- Contribute to the mandatory annual risk assessment to ensure compliance goals and resourcing address the highest and most impactful compliance risks.
- Develop and maintain compliance policies and programs for applicable regulations;
- Work cross functionally to ensure business operations are in compliance with relevant regulations through advising on recommended internal controls;
- Support Chimes privacy effort through execution of tasks such as Privacy Impact Assessments, privacy breach response, privacy reporting, etc;
- Support Chimes anti-money laundering effort by supporting the annual AML Program audit, identifying program elements to test and monitor, and supporting and improving the annual AML risk assessment.
- Monitor for the proper implementation, execution, and documentation of controls within all enterprise risk areas;
- Support compliance training and communication efforts to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent internal policies, federal and state laws, regulations, and standards;
- Assess business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements;
- Drive and deliver commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results throughout the organization;
- Bachelor degree. Masters Degree and/or relevant certifications highly recommended
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience required in privacy, other regulatory compliance management and.or risk management experience in similar areas.
- Have specific knowledge of key laws, regulations, and industry standard practices including but not limited: Privacy (e.g., CCPA, GLBA, Can Spam, Reg P, etc.), BSA/AML, CIP, KYC and Anti-Bribery.
- Have experience assisting business operations in operationalizing compliance policies related to regulations above.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways such as clear and concise reports, presentations, as well as speaking effectively to employees, members, vendors and the public.
- Be action oriented, collaborative and solutions focused.
- Work well with ambiguity, and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity toward issues and individuals.
- Maintain a sense of humor.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally).
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches (when back in office!).
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isnt done alone. Were building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.