Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Tax Counsel for the Federal Tax Legal group of the Corporation Tax Department, reporting to the Manager, Federal Tax Legal.
- Provide legal advice on tax issues involving Chevrons worldwide businesses.
- Primary focus is on U.S. federal corporate taxation, particularly as it relates to international operations.
- Requires research and analysis of complex tax issues in a wide variety of areas, including foreign tax credits, controlled foreign corporations, GILTI, subpart F, transfer pricing, acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, capitalization of expenditures, and consolidated returns.
- May be assigned tax planning responsibilities.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from a U.S. law school
- Bar admission
- Minimum 3 years of tax legal research experience
- Strong knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and Regulations
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- LL.M. in Taxation
- California bar admission
- Relocation will be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at emplymntchevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.