Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. Were a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. Thats why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesnt charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And were just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If youre looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Compliance Associate for Testing & Monitoring at Chime you will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and administration of Monitoring/Testing, policies related to such, and reporting enterprise-wide. Youll help ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice, as it relates to testing and monitoring plans in place. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partners legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative compliance risk management solutions.
The Testing & Monitoring Associate is responsible for supporting the establishment of standards and procedures to ensure that the testing and monitoring programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules, regulations, and legal obligations. The role will be located at Chime San Francisco headquarters and will report to Chimes Manager of Compliance Testing, Monitoring and Reporting.
- Implement the testing and monitoring frameworks and execution plans at Chime
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes
- Keen attention to detail and ability to identify trends, issues, and key performance and risk indicators
- Ability to synthesize and structure compliance testing and monitoring data to create meaningful insights and management reporting, through the use of data analytics and visualization tools.
- Exceptional documentation, organization, and reporting skills
- Contribute to the implementation of the compliance program; develop roadmaps to enhance policies and programs as they relate to testing and monitoring results
- Assess the business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements and developments to evolve Chime compliance and risk framework and strategy
- Collaborate with compliance, risk, and fraud colleagues to participate in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements that resulted from testing and monitoring, and ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent rules and requirements
- Coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments
- Ability to explain and educate business partners and senior management on rationale and purpose for all testing and monitoring matters
- Maintain records and report on status and effectiveness of compliance testing and monitoring to senior management
- Bachelor degree. Juris Doctor, AML/CFT certified, ACAMS, and/or CFE preferred
- Experience at a large consulting firm is a plus!
- Have a minimum of 3-7 years of legal or compliance experience in the FinTech space
- Have awareness of key law, regulations, guidance, and industry-standard practices such as UDAAP, Regulation E, Z, V, GLBA, SR-088, BSA/AML, Sanctions, InfoSecurity Frameworks ISO 1799-2005, ITIL, SDLC, PCI-DSS, GDPR/CCPA, etc. and associated regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways such as clear and concise reports, presentations, as well as speaking effectively to employees, members, vendors, and the public
- Be action-oriented, collaborative and solutions-focused
- Work well with ambiguity and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity toward issues and individuals
- Maintain a sense of humor
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches (when back in office!).
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of platform that provides banking services.
We know great work isnt done alone. Were building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.