You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating M&A and financing deal documents, critical review of agreements documenting transactions, review of power purchase agreements, physical and financial hedging agreements, equity and asset purchase agreements, EPC/BOP agreements, interconnection agreements, permits, environmental matters, tariffs and market rules, O&M and asset management agreements, and related project agreements, as well as lead the negotiation, drafting and critical review of amendments to financing and security agreements, JV operating agreements and third party consents for financing and JV investments.
The Corporate Counsel will manage due diligence process for acquisitions and divestitures and in preparation for financing, work with consulting services agreements, master services agreements, third party engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements and other routine general contracting arrangements while overseeing outside litigation counsel in litigation and other adversarial proceedings.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Bar from one or more U.S. state bars.
- Experience in project finance and project development and experience with renewables or distributed energy resources
- 7+ years’ experience of corporate law experience and prior experience with renewable energy through either a law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department required.
- Ability to proactively identify issues including, regulatory, tax, permitting, and environmental.