You will serve as the IT Service Delivery Management Program Manager in the Customer Experience and Relationship Management (CERM) organization in Washington, DC.
Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist you will:
- Exercise responsibility for IT service and product release management governance and associated release readiness. Assure appropriate assessment of IT changes to software, hardware, products, platforms and enterprise services to include appropriate level of risk assessment, testing, dependencies and appropriate understanding of user impact to manage successful changes in the OCC's IT environment.
- Maintain the configuration Management program and repository as the source of information to contribute to efficient project planning, and to reduce risks associated with release and implementation of changes to Configuration Items (CIs).
- Provide governance guidance and resources to IT service delivery teams to maintain a secure baseline and Configuration Items information with appropriate tools.
- Lead and conduct Configuration Management audits, reviews Configuration Management, documentation, and identifies corrective actions.
- Maintain and update as appropriate, governance and program structure to support enterprise test management. Assure that governance procedures fully address platform and product level testing performed in the enterprise test lab, IT change releases to ensure proper testing was conducted prior to releasing a change in the environment.
- Guide ITS Enterprise Change Control Board proceedings covering Change Control, Configuration Management and Release Management, Quality Management, System Development Lifecycle governance.
Occasional travel – Travel occasionally for conferences and/or training.
Conditions of Employment
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and/or training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
Required Competencies: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail- Generally demonstrated by tasks where the applicant is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Generally demonstrated by tasks where the applicant works with customers to assess their needs, provide information, resolve their problems, knows about available services; and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication -Generally demonstrated by tasks where the applicant expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, considers the audience and nature of the information; makes convincing oral presentations; listens, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Generally demonstrated by tasks where the applicant identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; and uses sound judgment to evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Identifying and resolving issues that cross IT organizational, functional, or disciplinary boundaries in order to identify solutions. AND
- Leading or serving on multiple IT integrated project teams.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
- Salary range includes 22.26% geographical pay.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more positions.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions. Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Configuration Management
- IT Project/Program Management
- Strategic Thinking
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Level 3 overall and for all critical performance elements to be eligible for promotion.
Referral : If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. If you are a displaced or surplus federal employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) , you must be rated as well-qualified to receive special selection priority. "Well-qualified" means that in addition to meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, you must receive a score of 85 or higher.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes: 1) A resume, 2) vacancy question responses, and 3) submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
RESUME: All applicants are required to submit a resume by either creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please review Resume Tips .
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are a former OTS employee serving under a permanent Schedule A 213.3105(d)(1) appointment at the OCC and you are a veteran, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing actual or expected dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15 , along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS : In addition, you may submit the following: – Cover letter – Recent performance evaluation (be sure to redact/remove all sensitive information prior to submitting)