This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Supervision, Enforcement, and Fair Lending, Office of Supervision Examinations.
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
Learn more about this agency
As a Business Product Manager, you will:
- Define the functional strategic direction for the Supervision Examination System (SES) and related external workflows (e.g. document transfer, document management), as applicable, ensuring functional solutions are feasible, scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of the Office of Supervision Examination's senior leadership.
- Serve as Product Owner for the SES application, representing the needs of the business stakeholders to the technical team; you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the backlog and establishing the priorities for technical sprint teams.
- Oversee the development of business requirements, including approving and testing technical acceptance criteria.
- Develop, execute, and maintain a viable, ongoing communication strategy, including change management artifacts, for the SES application and applicable workflows, to ensure proper communication at the right time and right level to appropriate project stakeholders.
Occasional travel – 01 to 05 travel nights per month may be required.
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National
- Public Trust background Investigation will be required
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
This opportunity is also open to the Public under Announcement 20-CFPB-400-P. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the CN-60, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-53 grade level in the Federal service (For qualification purposes, the CN-53 is broadly equivalent to the GS-13). Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Management and coordination of full systems development lifecycle activities (using platforms such as, but not limited to, Salesforce, Appian, or Tableau) for the implementation, improvement, and maintenance of enterprise-class business applications and significant IT programs; AND
- Use of agile and/or iterative systems development methodologies while ensuring that established business objectives are appropriately prioritized, planned for, and met within schedule and budget parameters; AND
- Leading cross-functional teams (including, but not limited to, functional analysts, data scientists, subject matter experts, and IT developers) to gather business requirements, identify process alternatives, and execute technical solutions; AND
- Creating and disseminating documentation, including change management artifacts, to ensure new applications, procedures, and functionality are understood and effectively adopted by users; AND
- Experience with systems functional testing and demonstrated knowledge of data models to meet complex reporting requirements.
– We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
– This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
– This is a bargaining unit position.
– We offer opportunities for telework.
– We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
-Ethics: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee's spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by the Bureau. Regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the Bureau's ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the Bureau Ethics Office at EthicsHelpcfpb.gov .
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– A one year probationary period may be required.
– Must successfully complete a background investigation.
– Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
– If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
– Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
– Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Project Manager, Building Capability, Oral Communication, and Analytical Thinking.
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ) you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
Please ensure all required documents, including any required work samples, narratives, or other materials as stated in this announcement, are attached to your application package. Documents can be uploaded under the category of "Cover Letter".
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips .
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES — Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment: (review and cater to your who may apply)
-If you are a current Consumer Financial Protection Bureau employee in a permanent, competitive service position you do not need to submit documents to confirm your status.
-If you are a current Consumer Financial Protection Bureau employee who is reinstatement eligible based on prior federal competitive service, you must submit documents to confirm your eligibility.
You must submit an SF-50 which confirms both competitive status eligibility as well has highest grade/pay band level achieved. This may require that you submit more than one SF-50.
- To verify your competitive status: Box 34 must have a "1" and Box 24 must have a "1" or a "2"
If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
– Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, VRA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see https: arc.fiscal.treasury.gov/vacancies/fsApplicantGuideMeritPromotion.pdf . In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.