This position is located in the United States Department of Treasury, Headquarters, United States Mint, Human Capital Directorate, Talent Management Branch (TMB). The incumbent has full technical responsibility for carrying out the design, development, integration, and maintenance of the Directorate's Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to enable strategic decision-making and comprehensive, timely and reliable workforce information.
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems), you will:
- Assist in analyzing and evaluating, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the efficiency and effectiveness of the Mint's HR program or operations in meeting established HR system goals and objectives.
- Establish long and short-term objectives that are realistic and responsive to HR IT system's needs.
- Provide comprehensive HR advisory services.
- Serve as an expert in conducting and participating in studies for the development of more efficient and economical systems and methods for HCD's human resources operations, including personnel processing, accountability, talent management and records activities.
- Establish target dates for implementing projects and monitors progress to assure target dates for deliverables are met. This involves total application from inception to final implementation.
- Continually conduct and review technology developments applicable to HCD operations and prepares long-range forecasts of developments relevant to human resource applications
Occasional travel – 1 to 5 nights per month
Conditions of Employment
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Be sure all experience is documented in your resume by indicating place of employment, job title, length of time performing the duties, and the name and contact information for the supervisor. We must be able to verify this experience in your resume in order for you to receive credit.
You must meet the following requirements within 14 days of the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Applying advanced Human Resources(HR) principles, business processes, and reengineering concepts; AND
- Using HR information systems (HRIS) concepts to research, interpret, and develop automated HRIS processes; AND
- Analyzing policy changes and proposed regulations to prepare strategic plans to identify, resolve and advise on interrelated HR issues.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
– We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
– This is a non-bargaining unit position.
– We offer opportunities for telework.
– We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– All employees are required to wear face masks while on MINT property.
– A one year probationary period may be required.
– Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.
– Must successfully complete a background investigation.
– Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
– If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
– Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
– Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
– Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical and Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ) you must receive a score of 85.0 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips .
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES — Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
– Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2".)
– If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
– Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, VRA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation . In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
In addition, we recommend that you submit copies of the following:
– A list of awards received (if applicable). DO NOT send copies of awards.
– A copy of your most recent completed performance appraisal.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.