At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Want to create technology that matters while building your future and your professional network? If you're getting your degree in Computer Science or a related technology area and looking to get hands-on, skill-building experience with a leader in the financial technology industry, Freddie Mac's Computer Science Summer Internship program is for you!
Through this internship, you'll build on the knowledge and skills you've acquired in your undergraduate education – while getting real-world technology and innovation experience and making lifelong connections. Upon successful completion of the internship and your undergrad degree, you may be extended an opportunity to join our Technology Analyst Program – a 12-month cohort experience that springboards you into a full-time technology career with the industry leader in the housing/finance industry.
The Information Technology (IT) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac's business and the mortgage industry! We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves efficiency and performance for employees, making work easier.
You'll be part of a team crafting and coding the future technologies and applications that support Freddie Mac's mission of making home possible.
What you'll be doing:
As an intern, you will support exciting, short-term projects through the following activities:
- Participate on project teams to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an Agile development environment
- Help define business and user needs and processes; determine solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying solutions
- Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements
- Help build improvements within existing applications
- Support implementation of software application changes
- Expand your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Develop your personal brand, expand your resume and grow your professional network
- Get support and mentorship from dedicated managers and experienced analysts
- Deepen your technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac's key role in the mortgage market
- Participate in community service and other team events to complement your professional development with personal growth
AWS Cloud Development/Learning
Several interns in the program will be offered the opportunity to take coursework toward their AWS Cloud Practitioner certification. Upon completion of that coursework, Freddie Mac will sponsor those interns in taking their AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification test.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Seeking undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related area
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Rising seniors preferred; rising juniors considered
- College-level experience with coding practices and languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, Angular/Springboot or others)
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized with ability to meet deadlines and contribute to team success
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team or independently
- Technology-first mentality, outstanding analytical skills and commit to innovation
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fast
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Intern / Temporary