Who You’ll Work With
This position will be the global lead legal support for Sustainability and Asset Value Solutions (formerly Cisco Refresh), Ciscos remarketing business specializing in the sale of remanufactured and refurbished Cisco products. The role will be a part of the Worldwide Legal Sales and Marketing team and report through the Cisco Capital legal organization (reporting directly to the Head of Legal for Cisco Capital). You will be an active member of the Sustainability and Asset Value Solutions Leadership Team, and be responsible for the day to day management of all legal matters arising around the world in relation to this business. The work is dynamic, varied and wide-reaching, involving close coordination with Brand Protection, Channels, Supply Chain and Sales. The role will have additional responsibilities supporting the broader Cisco and Cisco Capital business, including driving template & process simplification initiatives and other projects that benefit our customers, clients and legal team throughout the world.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will contribute to the supportive and collaborative working model within Cisco and the Legal Services team, and will:
- Be responsible for managing policies and ensuring consistency with corporate strategy and business objectives, while maintaining the companys high standards of integrity, ethical and transparent conduct
- Have primary responsibility for driving new business initiatives in Sustainability and Asset Value Solutions; structuring and drafting new product and service offers; and sales transactions, with flexibility to expand and address other needs arising in the business
- Advise on a broad range of legal disciplines impacting the used and refurbished IT product market, including compliance/regulatory matters, intellectual property, competition, privacy, marketing, commercial contracts, trade/export and basic revenue recognition principles.
The Minimum Qualifications we are looking for:
- Preferably a law degree (although other extensive experience in the negotiation and management of transactional contracts would be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a trusted advisor and negotiator of technology sales transactions in a law firm or business
Our Desired Skills are:
- In-depth knowledge of technology contracting and general business law
- Ability to negotiate and draft agreements in a fast paced, sales-driven environment
- Can Do attitude, and the drive, resourcefulness and ability to enable the business and get deals done in a matrixed organization
- Collaborative, with outstanding communication, negotiation, people and organizational skills and a relentless commitment to continuous improvement
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think were old (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but were also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do you cant put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Dont care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? Thats cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!