Our long-standing client, an international publicly traded, stable energy company, has engaged us on an exclusive basis to identify an experienced Legal Counsel with Gulf of Mexico deepwater oil & gas operations experience for its Houston office. This attorney will support oil & gas in deepwater offshore, including contracts.
This position offers an opportunity to do a variety of quality work and assume significant responsibility and a leading role with a stable, premier corporation and in a collegial environment. The attorney hired will work closely with business units and senior commercial management and report to a Vice President at the Company.
There is also a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off of work.
All resumes must be submitted through Sharon Gerber Attorney Search, Inc. for consideration.
- Primary legal point of contact for domestic onshore oil and gas business units with a focus on providing advice and drafting on joint operating/development agreements, oil and gas leases, farm-in/farm-out agreements, acquisition and divestiture due diligence, title curative documents, surface use agreements, royalty matters and general operational issues.
- Provide general legal support to the broader oil and gas legal team in handling matters outside of the assigned business unit, including in the areas of investigations, compliance and oil and gas regulation.
- Responsible for providing accurate, concise, highly responsive legal advice in a professional manner to a diverse, cross-functional group of internal clients.
- Possess and maintain subject matter expertise on essential laws and regulations affecting oil and gas operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Minimum five (5) and preferably more years of experience from a top tier law firm and/or in-house handling onshore upstream oil and gas operational legal issues; experience drafting and negotiating gathering, processing and transportation agreements is beneficial
- Must have significant experience with Gulf of Mexico deepwater oil & gas operations
- Must have excellent academic credentials and a stable work history
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with, and inspire confidence in, individuals at all levels of the organization
- JD licensed in good standing
Other Significant Requirements:
The ideal candidate must possess a positive, collaborative, collegial attitude and a willingness to work outside of the assigned business unit, often supporting other oil and gas team members in their business units, in an environment of mutual respect and shared commitment to the teams delivery of outstanding work product and responsiveness to organizational clients.
Very competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package. Relocation expenses paid.