Enquizit, Inc. Achieves Virginia Business BEST Places to work 2020
Oracle Database Administrator
Enquizit is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator with expertise in operating Oracle database in AWS. We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and innovative individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and eager to adapt to new technologies and responsibilities. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgement, and demonstrated technical experience working in cross-functional team. Must be a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new ambiguous projects.
• Design, maintenance, and configuration of Oracle databases.
• Maintenance and patch management of Oracle databases
• Ensuring maximum continuity of operations by architecting high availability in AWS Ensuring maximum continuity of operations by minimizing database downtime or architecting fault tolerance in AWS
• Configuring and maintain backups, snapshots, appropriate backup schedules, and backup retentions in AWS
• Periodic testing of backup media to ensure the viability of restore process.
• Monitor systems to detect failures, poor performance and availability in AWS
• Monitor security controls and escalate problems when they occur. Participate in meetings and conduct any security control testing when needed.
• Develop and maintain project and work documents, functional requirements, technical specifications, system configuration, standard operating procedures, business requirements, and processes
• 10+ Years of experience in database administration / migration
• Experience operating Oracle databases in AWS (RDS or EC2 based)
• Experience migrating Oracle databases from on-premise servers (virtual or physical) to AWS (RDS or EC2 based)
• Understanding of scaling strategies (vertical and horizontal) to handle increases in workloads for databases running in AWS
• High end troubleshooting and communication skills
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems
• AWS certifications as appropriate for database work in AWS
• Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate Certification
• Mclean, VA
• Temporarily remote due to COVID-19: This job is fully remote, but only for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and will transition back to a non-remote job after the pandemic has ended.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive annual salary and bonus
• Paid Time off
• Medical for employee with employer HSA -100% employer paid
• Long term disability, Short term disability and Life Insurance/ AD&D – 100% employer paid
• Low cost 401K plan with 3% employer match
• Relocation package
• Career Growth
• Training and Certification opportunities
• Tech Conferences For more information about Enquizit and our partnership with AWS visit https://enquizit.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to the position, send a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Ravi Sundar | Senior Recruiting Manager
Enquizit, Inc | www.enquizit.com