The Associate Attorney will serve as a central contact for reductions and settlement negotiations regarding resolution of outstanding motor vehicle accidents and third-party liability accounts. The Associate Attorney will work diligently to advocate for the highest possible reimbursement.
- Responsible for reduction requests, settlement negotiations, and fulfillment of payment.
- Conduct timely and thorough telephone follow-up with Attorney offices to ensure timely resolution.
- Prepare liability questionnaires, review liens, and resolve any outstanding documentation requests.
- Develop strategies to resolve claims favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
- Build relationships with clients based on trust.
- Serves as the primary escalation point, to directly or through staff, work with clients to resolve roadblocks that may hinder the claims resolution process and provides direction to Revenue Specialists to resolve existing claims.
- Partners with Senior Director to complete and resolve shared tasks and goals.
- Trains and mentors staff as needed including new hires, especially in regards to ongoing training needs.
- Perform Quality Control tasks on behalf of management regarding account flow and due diligence.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Possess a Law Degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Tennessee.
- At least 6 months experience dealing with Motor Vehicle Accident claims and / or reductions.
- 1-2 years in healthcare field in billing or collections.
- Basic understanding of Revenue Cycle terminology, practices, and liens.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to regulate and perform under stress.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Considerations and Prerequisites
- Practices and adheres to EnableComp’s Core Values, Vision and Mission.
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and exhibit an approachable nature to answer questions from Revenue Specialist staff and mentor and train others regularly.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Appropriately handle stress and interact cooperatively with others (at all levels of the organization).
- Proven experience working with external clients; strong customer service skills and business acumen.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities and projects concurrently.
- General office environment; must be able to sit for long periods of time.