Under general supervision, identify and mitigate business and legal risks by reviewing/modifying a wide variety of contract documents; partner with internal business customers to negotiate contract terms; draft contracts; communicate, implement and ensure compliance with various Company policies and the law in the countries in which the Company and its subsidiaries do business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, review and negotiate various contracts for a publicly held corporation and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries including, IT agreements (SAAS), vendor and consulting agreements, property purchase and sale agreements, leases, construction contracts, international distributor agreements, employment, separation, recruiting and temporary worker agreements, marketing and advertising agreements, confidentiality agreements and the like;
- Develop and implement streamlined legal processes, to mitigate risk while enhancing the business, in line with the Companys improvement initiatives;
- Review and update Company policies;
- Develop and implement training materials on Company policies; conduct training on Company policies (domestic and international)
- Liaise with outside counsel;
- Provide advice and counsel on legal aspects in connection with other areas of law as may arise;
- Other projects as assigned by the Deputy General Counsel.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Skilled at effectively communicating orally and in writing with specific proficiency in business writing
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and work ethic.
- Ability to be a coach or team player, as needed.
- Ability to be aware of legal issues arising from Company activity.
- Maintain a working knowledge of U.S. and international laws for the assigned area.
- Consider and understand legal and practical impact of business decisions
- Ability to think strategically and provide visionary leadership
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required.
- Minimum 5 years related law firm and/or corporate legal experience with emphasis in area assigned
- Member of the State Bar of California or ability to satisfy in house specialty requirements.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.