The Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property will be responsible for protecting the companys intellectual property interests. The role requires the attorney to both manage and perform direct work on many intellectual property and other legal matters, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, trade law, privacy, IT support, technology/operations and litigation matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage the global IP portfolio, including trademarks and patents, to ensure timely filing, renewals, cancellations, etc.
- Succeed invention disclosure and trade secret protection processes effectively and in compliance with state and federal laws
- Govern IP litigation, enforcement and trade-related matters
- Conduct IP searches and analyses thoroughly and efficiently
- Establish close partnerships with Research and Development, IT and Marketing teams
- Actively monitor industry legal and business developments
- Work on technology related legal matters and projects including digital transformation of legal department
- Perform a variety of ad hoc legal matters
- Coach, mentor, and develop Paralegal and empower employee to take responsibility as well as delegate administration tasks
- Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
Education: Law Degree is Required, Degree in Engineering is preferred
Experience: Minimum 5 years Intellectual Property Law experience in a law firm or corporation required
Systems: Google Suites, Microsoft Office
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Cambria locations will be required
Physical Requirements: This is an office position requiring telephone and computer use
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning and time-off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.