BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers International.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
You will provide legal counsel to our North American business line leaders for associations with related employment relations matters. You will support People Services professionals and internal litigation counsel on employment related disputes, assisting in drafting in documentation of employment agreements including development of complex compensations arrangements. You will also provide general legal advice, assess, and manage risk, and review other pertinent contracts. You will develop strong relationships across the organization to ensure a common understanding of objectives and service level agreements.
What you bring
- JD or LL.B from an accredited university. Called to practice in at least one state.
- 4 – 6 years of progressive legal experience within Employment Law.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinker with focus on practical client advice on legal risks.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
Bonus skills and experience
- In-house experience (particularly within the commercial real estate or professional services industry) preferred but not required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
What success looks like
- You will successfully work across North America to support HR and Colliers employees in employment related matters and employment contracts.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. Wed love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.