About the role:
The AGC will provide comprehensive legal counsel and legal risk analysis related to Vixxos various business operations and initiatives. We are looking for a working leader, who thrives in a fast-pace environment, and enjoys working on a wide variety of different issues on a day to day basis.
Reporting to a member of the SLT (Senior Leadership Team), the AGC supports all legal issues and ensures protection of Vixxos legal and regulatory rights and interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Provides counsel in the areas of risk management, corporate governance, employment, contracts, real estate, transactions, workplace safety, security, asset protection, and compliance. Responsible for identifying and analyzing issues, drafting key documents, and presenting clear recommendations to top management, and assures legal compliance. Furthermore, the AGC will have responsibility for all legal matters including corporate contracts (vendor, partner, and customer), corporate governance, insurance, M&A, litigation, IP, information security related legal matters, employment /HR legal matters, and other general corporate legal matters.
Overall, the AGC will lead all strategic and tactical legal initiatives, advise the company and executive team on legal issues and implications, manage and oversee outside corporate counsel, lead complex business transactions, and manage a high volume of client contracts.
- Provides legal counsel to the company and senior leadership team with respect to the legal implications of business issues / transactions. Provides day-to-day legal counsel to various Vixxo departments and comprehensive management and resolution of legal inquiries from business team members. Provides counsel and guidance on legal matters and anticipates potential legal implications.
- Drafts and negotiates all material contracts and agreements, including commercial contracts, real estate leases, NDA’s, M&A documents, license agreements, employment and related agreements, etc.
- Drafts and negotiates a variety of domestic and international commercial agreements, including SAAS, licensing, manufacture and supply, consulting, marketing, agency, and other operational agreements.
- Prepares and/or reviews and assists with negotiation of organization-wide business contracts, leases, and consulting agreements, and administers other legal matters relating to real estate acquisition, development, and financing of transactions and projects, as needed.
- Provides product counsel and practical review of customer-facing materials and technology to confirm compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manages all corporate legal affairs including M&A in coordination with private equity owners.
- Manages relationships with outside legal counsel, including budgets and fees.
- Leads initiatives to improve and strengthen the legal department through systems improvements and the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures. Enhances Vixxos contracting process.
- Recommends and implements policies to support scalability while reducing operational risk. Leads the Legal department efforts in the creation, implementation and refinement of forms, policies and procedures, and prepares and delivers trainings to business groups from time to time. Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Coordinates and oversees risk / claim management activities (e.g., employment, employee benefits, information security, intellectual property rights and obligations, and insurance coverage issues). Identifies potential or actual Company risk and generates solutions, options and alternatives to minimize and/or mitigate risk. Works cross-functionally to identify and mitigate potential exposure and areas of liability or vulnerability, including investigating and resolving internal and external claims.
- Be to key contact for our insurance carrier on general liability and workers comp claims, coordinating negotiation and settlement of claims between internal operations and insurance carrier.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree required with exceptional academic credentials plus admitted and in good and active standing to practice in Arizona and with the Arizona State Bar.
- 4+ years of relevant experience at a nationally reputable law firm and/or with a corporate environment with strong litigation and/or transactional background; Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Experience working in a facility management industry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of business/vendor management and best practices, and a clear and comprehensive understanding of legal matters such as finance, real estate, corporate governance, employment law, contracts, and compliance.
- Experience working on private company corporate governance and with the Board of Directors at a private equity ownership firm. Experience structuring and advising on complex transactions, M&A, licensing agreements, enterprise customer contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Experience dealing with employment law, stock options / RSU’s / SARs, and other HR related issues.
- Excellent contract drafting and management skills.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to quickly and accurately assess legal risks. Practical and logical thinker with a commercial focus.