This announcement is open to current Career or Career-Conditional OPM employees.
As an Administrative Officer, GS-341-15 you will be part of FSEM Administrative Operations. Responsibilities include management of all administrative support activities, budget/financial process, performance, printing, and mail, for all FSEM. You will initiate and recommend projects to the Director with minimal oversight in order to follow-up on, improve, and further organizational objectives.
Learn more about this agency
- Oversight of complex budget/financial management for all FSEM which includes the formulation and execution of long range budgets to ensure that all FSEM program areas are adequately funded.
- Carry out fact-finding on unpaid invoices, budget issues and research for the FSEM on proposals from program officials concerning program changes, new legislation, initiation of projects, actions or similar matters.
- Develop and implement enhancements for Budget and Performance Management.
- Provide guidance and supervision which includes overseeing complex and in-depth human resource management, including long range staffing plans, promotions, vacancy announcements, training actions, and time and attendance;
- Conduct in-depth and thorough reviews through interviews, observations, inspections, record examinations, and surveys in the areas of organizational effectiveness and distribution of workload.
- Oversee mail and distribution services to OPM nationwide, which often involves pieces of mail numbering in the millions which include time sensitive mail involving legal, tax, investigative, and retirement matters.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
For the GS-15: You must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level (or equivalent) in the Federal Service that demonstrates all of the following:
* Perform resource management functions for an organization, including budget formulation and execution, financial oversight for resource utilization, and acquisition management.
* Experience with Human Resources Management regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Manage organizational activities and program operations which include developing strategies, determining resource requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring progress, and evaluating program and operational effectiveness.
Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One year at the GS-14 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-15 level.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Relocation expenses will not be paid. OPM employees may qualify for an exception.
The full performance level of this position is GS-15.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Personnel and Human Resources
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment.
All qualified Non Competitive applicants and the best qualified Merit Promotion applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to Office of Personnel Management (OPM) employees who meet the definition of surplus or displaced from a position in the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP eligibility. For more information: http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Cover Letter, optional
- If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here .
- Your most recent Promotion, Within Rate Increase (WRI/WGI), or Appointment/Conversion SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held.
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable.
- CTAP Reduction-In-Force documentation, if applicable.
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.