This position can be located in either the U.S. or Canada, remote or at one of our offices in Las Vegas, NV or Vancouver, BC. It can be either part-time or full-time.
- Negotiate global client and vendor contracts, including subscription, software licensing and service agreements, with minimal need for escalation on commonly negotiated issue or topics
- Act as an advisor to internal customers on a variety of legal matters
- Support execution on commercial, product and strategic changes by understanding and providing guidance on the relevant legal issues, including creating new templates, policies, processes and updates as necessary
- Drive intellectual property protection and enforcement, including copyrights, trade secrets and patents, as applicable
- Conduct research on a variety of legal issues and act as an expert on several key areas
- Partner to assist the business with disruption response for issues outside of normal business expectations, including incidents related to security, privacy, disaster recovery and data integrity, as necessary
- Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with our company values of Build it Better, Bigger and Right
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 – 15 years transactional legal experience on U.S. matters
- Big firm experience preferred
- Extensive experience in sales contracts negotiations
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) would be an asset
- Strong business acumen
- High level of care and diligence
- Ability to handle complex contracting issues while balancing with a positive internal and external customer experience
- Strong negotiation skills, including assertiveness
- Experience in researching and analyzing federal, state, local and international laws
- Ability to work independently, while be a collaborative member of the team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, diverse, and at times competing, priorities
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school required
- Member in good standing with a bar association of a jurisdiction in the U.S. or Canada
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team, we want to hear from you!
GeoComply is a global leader in geolocation compliance technology. To learn more about us, visit www.geocomply.com.
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.