This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
Learn more about this agency
- You will lead creation and management of cybersecurity analytics, quantitative/qualitative information, and conducts operational risk assessments to provide actionable recommendations for Navy?s cyber readiness.
- You will reallocate workload and adjusts focus areas based on the nature of specialized operations or projects.
- You will lead analyses and assessments of technical data, organizational information, test results, historical network operational trends, vulnerability management, observations, and reports.
- You will coordinate with senior officials to determine systemic problems and previously undetected patterns, trends, and special causes related to unacceptable results.
- You will lead/direct Office of Compliance and Assessment (OCA) actions necessary in the development of CCORI final reports and presentations to inspection site and senior officials.
- You will provide leadership to the inspection team and serves as the primary team liaison with site senior leadership as well as the site?s supporting inspection personnel During Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspections (CCORIs).
- You will manage the collection, storage, posting, and archiving of OCA inspections results.
- You will lead a team responsible for analyzing and assessing Navy cybersecurity inspection information through all stages of the Navy Cyber Assessment Cycle.
- You will perform research and prepare ?full scope? evaluations to create/present Flag/SES level briefs that enable the FLTCYBERCOM Commander and senior officials to comprehend the strategic, operational, and tactical relevance of inspection findings.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Top Secret/SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 752 within 6 months of appointment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government issued passport.
- This position may require up to 25% travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position requires shift work, irregular tours of duty, and/or extended duty.
- Interested Applicants must submit resumes/application packages to: FCC_C10F_NSAH_RESUMEnavy.mil
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:.
1. Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Reviewing employee deliverables for legitimacy, accuracy, and completeness prior to final submission to executive leadership and navy wide dissemination.
2. Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Collaborating with inspection sites and inspection team to compile required organizational and technical data to conduct full range of analyses and assessments to accurately identify operational risk and cyber readiness and finalize reports relevant to all stakeholders.
3. Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Coordinating with senior officials to determine systemic problems and previously undetected patterns, trends, and special causes related to unacceptable results.
4.Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Leading creation and management of cybersecurity analytics, quantitative/qualitative information in order to highlight operational risk assessments and provide actionable recommendations to improve the Navy's cyber readiness.
AND In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, Qualifying experience would be demonstrated by:
- Leading teams in the creation and management of cybersecurity analytics, quantitative/qualitative information, and conducting operational risk assessments to provide actionable recommendations for cyber readiness.
- Conducting analyses of trends, top vulnerabilities and systemic issues, individual and aggregate scores, compliance factors, risk levels and impacts.
- Evaluating division performance metrics to eliminate and take action to resolve bottlenecks and barriers to productivity.
- Developing guidelines, maintaining, and providing comprehensive reports based on analysis and assessment of cybersecurity inspection data, trends/patterns and root cause analysis.
- Leading rigorous application of cybersecurity principles, and practices in planning and conducting inspections.
This position is within the Work Category Supervision/Management at Work Level 3 – Senior, GG-2210-14.
Additional qualifications information can be found from the following Department of Defense website: https: dodcio.defense.gov/Cyber-Workforce/CES.aspx
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http: www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
As vacancies occur, the Human Resources Office will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this flyer. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume, along with your supporting documentation.
If selected, you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Most competitive resumes will demonstrate extensive experience in the following areas:
Accountability– Monitors progress and evaluates outcomes to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results
Analytical Technique-Apply quantitative and qualitative methods, measurement, fact finding, and investigative techniques to provide line managers with objectively based information for making decisions.
Strategic Thinking -Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans consistent with long-term interests of the organization in a global environment that takes into consideration the environment, resources, capabilities, constraints, and organizational goals and values.
Team Building-Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
All qualification requirements must be met before being considered for any vacancies.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
A complete resume is required. Your resume must show relevant experience, job title, duties and accomplishments. Your resume must show complete information for each job entry to support minimum qualifications. The following information should be provided in your resume, but it is acceptable to provide elsewhere in your application package: employer's name, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week, and pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09) for relevant federal experience.TIP: A good way to ensure you include all essential information is to use the Resume Builder in USAJOBS to create your resume.
Are you claiming membership in any professional organizations, or possession of a license, certificate or credentials? Check the Conditions of Employment section above to see if any are required. If you claim membership, license, certification, or credentials, you must submit a copy of said document in your application package.
Are you using education as a substitute for some or all of the experience requirement? Is there a basic education requirement for this position? Check the Education section above to see what is allowed and what is required. Any claims you make in your resume or assessment questionnaire regarding education or degrees MUST be supported by official or unofficial transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned issued from your school. While unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial application, an official transcript will ultimately be required if you are selected for the position. You may submit a copy your degree(s) if specific coursework does not have to be verified.
Are you a veteran claiming 5-point veterans' preference or claiming sole survivorship preference? You must submit a copy of your latest DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (any copy that shows all dates of service, as well as character of service [Honorable, General, etc.] is acceptable) OR a VA letter that shows dates of service or service connected disability AND character of service. If you have more than one DD-214 for multiple periods of active duty service, submit a copy for each period of service. If you were issued a DD-215 to amend aforementioned information on the DD-214 you must submit that too. If you are not sure of your preference eligibility, visit the Department of Labor's website: Veterans' Preference Advisor
Are you a disabled veteran or claiming 10-point veterans' preference?
If you are eligible to claim 10 point veterans preference you must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty as described above for 5-point preference.
You must also provide the applicable supporting documentation of your disability (e.g. disability letter from the VA) as described on Standard Form-15 (SF-15). http: www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf .
Are you an active duty service member? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You must provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected.