Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as a Privacy Counsel? Were glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Privacy Counsel?
As a Privacy Counsel working on our New York based Legal team, you will be responsible for providing guidance and insights on all issues pertaining to privacy and data protection. Youll become an expert on Taboolas data uses and collaborate with sales, engineering, and HR teams, among others. Youll develop and advise on best practices that enable Taboola to meet increasingly complex and ever-changing regulatory requirements. You should enjoy both cross-functional collaboration and working independently and you should thrive while solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role, its essential that you have:
- Ability to work with Taboola for at least 8 months, 1099 preferred, with potential opportunity to become permanent.
- 4-6 years of significant experience directly in privacy (JD and CIPP qualifications strongly preferred).
- Subject matter expertise in global data protection laws (GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, etc.) and industry guidelines that apply to Internet and advertising companies.
- Close collaboration with R&D teams to implement privacy by design in the development of new products and services, particularly in the ad tech and mobile spaces.
- Experience negotiating data processing agreements and drafting privacy and data security terms for contracts with third party vendors.
- Familiarity with data mapping and preparing detailed data privacy impact assessments.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment and solving multifaceted problems in a multi-stakeholder environment.
What will I be doing on a day to day basis?
At a fast-moving technology company, no two days will ever be the same. As Taboolas Privacy Counsel, you will:
- Provide strategic legal advice on compliance with state, federal, and global privacy and data protection laws.
- Train and work with cross-functional stakeholders (including senior management, sales, R&D, marketing, and HR) to maintain Taboolas culture of privacy and compliance.
- Review and develop privacy controls for uses of consumer and workforce data, including privacy guidelines, processes, impact assessments, and robust data maps.
- Discuss technical privacy solutions with Taboolas external partners and negotiate privacy terms that meet data protection requirements.
- Lead and support regulatory investigations and responses, and provide guidance to legal team members on privacy and data protection issues.
- Coordinate communication with relevant trade groups and complete annual compliance and certification reviews.
- Stay up-to-date on privacy developments and their application to Taboola
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Bloomberg, NBC, and ESPN.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
Its easy, submit your CV by clicking the Apply button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.