The Counsel responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide legal counsel on a variety of healthcare operations and employment matters.
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate contracts, agreements, memoranda and other legal documents to which the company intends to become a party, including, but not limited to, employment, contractor and lease agreements.
- Oversee the Companys contract database and ensure all contracts are properly maintained and archived.
- Manage the Companys licensure and certification activities.
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of compliance monitoring and auditing processes, including but not limited to, conducting/managing audits, analyzing results, identifying deficiencies, developing reports, and formulating recommendations for corrective action.
- Maintain logs of inquiries and track research and disposition of compliance issues raised by senior management, employees, business partners and third-party consultants.
- Coordinate, assist, or conduct compliance investigations.
- Develop and prepare reports on the status of compliance activities.
- Maintain and oversee compliance department shared drive, databases, general email inbox and other tracking mechanisms.
- Other matters as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree and licensed to practice law in the State of Tennessee.
- One to three years experience in health care operations and/or compliance.
- General understanding of relevant health care compliance issues (i.e., Anti-kickback Statute, Stark, HIPPA).
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (100% company paid), and Health Savings Account
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Wellness Programs (Fitness Reimbursement & Smoking Cessation)
- Life and Disability insurance (100% Company Paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts via Tickets at Work
CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
- Opportunities for growth – we encourage our teammates to consider new growth opportunities with us