Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
NewGround is the industry thought leader in strategy, innovative design, and project management, and has been for over 100 years. We help financial institutions master the power of their space to create the next generation workplace and retail solutions. NewGround’s operational headquarters is in Saint Louis and we maintain offices in Chicago, Honolulu, and Waterloo, Ontario, with a regional presence throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Department: Administration (Legal, Contracts and Proposals)
Supervisor Title: Executive Vice President and CFO
This position will focus on three primary areas (described in more detail below):
- Contract management and negotiations
- In-house counsel managing outside counsel resources as needed for all other legal segments
- Proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses
This position will also offer other opportunities to be involved in the business operations of the company. This is an active hands-on position and you will work closely with each of the Leadership Team members in many facets of the business.
Contract Management and Negotiations:
We have a variety of professional services offerings that use an array of different types of contracts. You will be responsible for
- on-going review and updating all types of contracts and proposals being used.
- working with prospective clients and their legal counsel, when needed, for modifications being proposed by a prospective client in order to successfully contract new services with the prospective client.
- identifying significant modifications included in a signed contract that the service team needs to be aware of.
- developing contracts for new service offerings that we add.
- subcontract and supplier contracts, terms and conditions including state specific considerations.
- review and approve Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Agreements and Strategic Partnership Agreements.
In order to make sure that our contracts reflect all the considerations that need to be addressed, you will become very knowledgeable about the service offerings, changes being considered, and evaluate risks that need to be addressed.
In-house counsel managing outside counsel resources as needed for all other legal segments
We currently use several different firms for specific areas of our company legal needs. This includes:
- Corporate matters including state registrations, annual reports, and similar company and shareholder related matters
- Employee and HR planning, compliance and matters
- Construction contract issues
- Lease negotiation and related leasing topics
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate finance matters
- Cyber matters and other claims
Based on your experience some of these services will be performed by you. We would integrate your areas of expertise and knowledge with those services that we would continue to outsource to these firms. This includes our Canadian outside counsel for our Canada office and services. You would work with the CFO or other leaders in managing the outsourced services.
Proposal and RFP responses
Responsible for development or coordination of RFP responses along with the Business Development team, support of Business Development field team related to letters of understanding, proposals, or customized agreements, assisting in coordinating initial Business Development strategies, and responsible for coordinating strategic partner programs.
Some of our prospective clients submit Requests for Information (RFI) or RFP. This position currently coordinates and drafts the responses to these RFIs and RFPs wording directly with the Business Development team.
This will also give you a great opportunity to learn all facets of our service offerings and business and is an important part of the success and growth of our company.
Beyond the three areas noted above, this position will have the opportunity to grow into other operational areas such as risk management.
- Expertise in contractual law
- Gain understanding of all elements of NewGrounds core service offerings
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other pertinent software programs
- Effective negotiation, organizational and decision-making skills with ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers and vendors
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Positive attitude, ethics, and values which support our companys CORE values, team environment and a high-performance culture
- Minimal to light travel
Education And Experience Preference:
- Juris Doctorate with a minimum of 5 years of private practice or in-house experience.
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that more than 30 of our 125 employees have been with NewGround for 10 – 38 years.
- We understand the importance of an employees first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, weve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that its key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to the community. Our offices in Chesterfield, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, building in the Dominican Republic, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
- NewGround Glassdoor Reviews https: www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/NewGround-Reviews-E313291.htm
NewGrounds reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to careeropportunitiesnewground.com or simply apply online at http: careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at http: careers.newground.com.
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu | Toronto