WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Serve as an accountable, strategic business partner to a global P&L leader, providing actionable advice that can be swiftly incorporated into risk-based, commercial decisions
- Support sales and procurement teams contracting efforts, including direct legal support in the form of reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements, as well as advising team of contract specialists with respect to legal and compliance issues
- Interface with regional counsel on cross-border transactions, enterprise initiatives, and standardization efforts
- Support the enterprise legal team as requested, including with respect to strategic transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and compliance matters, and litigation
- Provide training to internal clients on various risk management, legal, and compliance topics
- Perform special projects and support continuous improvement of legal department standard work, knowledge management and processes
- JD from accredited law school of recognized standing and license to practice law
- 8+ years of corporate law experience in-house and/or private practice preferred
- Previous experience in or with:
- Negotiating /drafting contracts, resolving conflicts, coordination, and closing skills
- Experience with construction, procurement, government contracting, and/or M&A a plus
- Experience with the identification and assessment of enterprise risks, and an ability to provide practical, actionable advice to enable proper monitoring, management or mitigation of risks
- Self-motivated, self-confident, assertive and capable of handling complicated tasks autonomously.
- Results and people-oriented, sound judgment and ability to balance business considerations. Ability to provide excellent, timely customer service in a fast-paced business environment. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Good at focused listening.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can settle differences effective and efficiently. Can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic. Gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations. Has a good sense of timing.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Works well with all levels in organization, and is able to build constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Very good at listening. Confident.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.2 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,400 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. Were known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees