Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world! Life at F5 is never dull. For over 20 years, we have been the industry leader in application delivery; and today, we are helping our customers thrive in the new cloud future. The worlds largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of security, cloud, and mobility trends.
Now with NGINX, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services spanning from code to customer. Moving forward together, we continue to identify industry trends and disruptions; innovate for future customer needs; and build application services that help the worlds leading organizations deliver their critical business applications faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isnt driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and its producing excellent resultsnot only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so were committed to a culture that supports your whole life. If what youve read so far reminds you of yourself, keep reading and send us your resume because we are currently searching for an excellent Corporate Counsel to join our team!
As Corporate Counsel, you will manage and mitigate the Companys legal risks and exposures while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, and product development teams.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of various commercial and technology transaction agreements, including, but not limited to sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM and distributor agreements
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Companys interests
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel
- Assist the EVP and General Counsel with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing and managing of work activities assigned to the Companys Corporate Counsel and other members of the legal department
- Prepare, review and negotiate other legal documents
- Manage outside counsel to represent the Company in litigation before courts and administrative tribunals, including the review of legal memoranda and other documents
- Uphold F5s Business Code of Ethics and promptly report violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge of and experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance, open-source, as a Service, and distributor contracts and other agreements commonly used in the high-tech industry, required
- Substantial knowledge of data protection and data privacy laws and regulations, including in-depth understanding of applicable U.S. and EU privacy statutes, required
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales professionals as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers
- Excellent negotiation and written and oral communication skills required
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions, particularly with respect to open source software, preferred
- Knowledge of international sales and licensing agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial
- Knowledge of international agreements and revenue recognition principals beneficial
- Law degree and 5-8 years of business law experience or equivalent experience with complex technology agreements and matters
- Admitted to practice in location of office preferred
Location: Can be located in one of multiple offices (Seattle and Spokane, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Jose, San Francisco or Santa Clara, CA) or remote.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K with company match
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more
- Quarterly Zoom Out Days to focus on personal and professional growth
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation
- Tuition assistance for professional development
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.