ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Give accurate, timely and forward-thinking counsel to business leaders and staffon a variety of legal topics (warranty, service contract, property & casualty insurance, contract formation etc.)
- Serve as a strategic, discussion partner with key business leaders to navigate the regulatory landscape to write profitable business to support organizations growth trajectory
- Extensive knowledge of warranty and service contract law in one or more of the following areas: motor vehicles, consumer products (e.g., electronics, home appliances and/or power equipment), home warranty and related areas.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue and collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different laws, regulations and risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the companys full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in legislation
- Ability to act autonomously with little direction and oversight
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- Proven experience as in-house, legal counsel in business environment as trusted advisor, preferably for a property & casualty insurer or industry participant (e.g. third-party administrator, broker, managing general agent etc.)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of emotional intelligence and self-control
- Ability to jump into complex situations and provide clear, concise and actionable legal counsel
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- J.D. degree and licensed to practice in at least one (1) U.S. state.
MINIMUM JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Mastery of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail, is dependable and follows through.
- Ability to analyze data and present recommendations based on outcomes of analysis.
- High level of maturity to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people throughout the organization.
- Willingness to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image.
- Willingness to work non-traditional shifts which meet the needs of the team and company.
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to peers and subordinates.
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle complex issues and problems and defer to higher-level staff only as needed.