We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
The Associate Corporate Counsel is generally responsible for supporting other attorneys in the Corporate Group within the Office of General Counsel, with a specific concentration on corporate work, commercial contracts, vendor contracts, leases, business acquisitions, real estate transactions, and other related transactional matters.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates corporate and commercial agreements, vendor agreements, agreements related to the purchase and sale of real estate and leases on behalf of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Undertakes and assists with due diligence, general legal support, and document review, in connection with mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Federal securities law experience preferred, including experience reviewing Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K and Section 16 filings and overseeing securities offerings, and debt financing.
- Provides legal advice and undertakes legal research on behalf of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Juris Doctor Degree required, with active membership in the Virginia State Bar or the bar of another state.
- Minimum of three years of post-J.D. legal experience in a sophisticated corporate law firm practice and/or in-house counsel practice required.
- Minimum of three years supporting counsel in M&A transactions & securities offerings required.
- Minimum of three years supporting new business entity formation and organization, corporate restructurings, corporate and commercial contract drafting and negotiation, business development work, dispute resolution, and domestic business transactions required.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office environment, in an individual work station, using telephone and computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.