Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargos enterprise success.
Wells Fargo & Company seeks an experienced capital markets attorney to join its Legal Department in its New York, NY, Charlotte, NC or Minneapolis MN offices. This attorney, along with a Managing Counsel based in Charlotte, NC, will provide legal support for High Grade Debt Capital Markets (DCM) securities offerings and related activities. This attorney will collaborate with Legal Department colleagues and other support partners across U.S. and international offices to provide integrated and seamless support to the various High Grade DCM teams. High Grade DCM is a high-profile, top-tier business within Wells Fargos Corporate & Investment Bank. Among other activities, High Grade DCM underwrites some of the most significant offerings by prominent companies in the global debt capital markets, including Wells Fargo as issuer. This fast-paced and dynamic environment offers candidates significant growth potential.
This attorney will work more broadly with a team of supportive, collegial and knowledgeable capital markets lawyers who communicate regularly to share expertise and guidance. This attorney may also provide back-up support for other capital markets origination teams, as needed.
- 5+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department; including 3+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Active State Bar membership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with Securities Act and Exchange Act fundamentals along with other rules, regulations and best practices relevant to capital markets transactions strongly preferred.
- Experience with international and cross-border issues related to securities offerings.
- Experience with 4(a)(2) debt private placement transactions.
- Familiarity with broker-dealer regulations relevant to capital markets transactions.
- Candidates must be able to assume responsibility quickly and thrive in a complex environment requiring significant collaboration with deal teams, support partners and outside counsel.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and provide effective advice on complex legal, regulatory and reputational issues.
- Ability to manage and delegate matters to outside counsel.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards – New York, NY
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St – Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.