Assists Sr Counsel in drafting and negotiating transaction documents. Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal and business issues, articulating risks and benefits, and presenting clear recommendations to help guide key stakeholders to the best decisions for the company.
- Partners with outside counsel; develops a budget for projects and manages outside counsel to budget.
- Recommends changes to company processes, policies, and practices.
- Develops appropriate training materials and conducts training sessions for client groups on topics of interest.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with business unit partners.
- Works under general direction and keeps supervisor informed as projects proceed.
- Law Degree from A.B.A. accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Alabama
- 4 years of experience as an attorney and experience involving complex strategic transactions (i.e. acquisitions, divestiture, joint ventures)
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Strong influencing skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arms reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employerminorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.