Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, were committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each others success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a motivated commercial attorney who can contribute to Splunk’s vision by supporting Splunks sales growth in Splunks AMER sales theater, with a focus on out-bound enterprise cloud transactions. The role will require legal expertise in cloud technology transactions across a variety of industries and markets, with a bonus for public sector and international experience. We will value your experience with data privacy law and the legal and business considerations that come with selling cloud to the enterprise. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a focus on drafting and negotiating cloud technology sales agreements, contribute to process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth and improve contracting process, and partner with legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives. This role will report to the Commercial Legal Director (Amer).
To succeed, the role requires you to have an analytical mind and business minded approach to legal issues. You need to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Lead complex commercial transactions, with a focus on enterprise cloud and technology sales in Splunks AMER theater;
- Support Splunks other sales theaters as needed;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunks AMER field theater with Splunks global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant aspects of United States, Canada and Latin American laws, concerning commercial terms including but not limited to data privacy/governance, cybersecurity and government contracts;
- Draft and negotiate outbound software licenses, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Anticipate changes to and advise on relevant laws impacting Splunks commercial activities and its customers;
- Provide continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunks corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement initiatives that advance Splunks business including Splunks priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 8 years experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software;
- Licensed to practice law in California preferred
- In-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required
- Deep experience in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters, and strong knowledges of local data protection laws required; and knowledge of data protection laws of other countries, preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!