This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO). As a MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT, you will be providing assistance to ISOO management and staff by performing a wide range of management support, administrative duties, and general support for ISOO and the various boards and committees it manages.
Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-08. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develop and implement administrative controls to monitor the unit's action items and workflow.
- Interpret regulations and instructions, answer questions and resolve problems pertaining to various aspects of office management referred by organization officers or operating officials.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, conferences, etc., and advise the participants of subject matter and extent of their participation.
Conditions of Employment
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-08, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Providing administrative office support including time and attendance, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements; AND
- Experience submitting purchase card transactions; AND
- Performing administrative or procedural issuances.
For the GS-07, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Providing administrative office support including meeting arrangements; AND
- Arranging travel accommodations, including preparing associated documentation.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable: For the GS-08, you must have been at the GS-07level for 52 weeks. For the GS-07, you must have been at the GS-06 level for 52 weeks.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Archives and Records Administration.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating : Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Administrative Management, Systems and Technology, and Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral : If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ) you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
Please ensure all required documents, including any required work samples, narratives, or other materials as stated in this announcement, are attached to your application package. Documents can be uploaded under the category of "Cover Letter".
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips .
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES — Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
You must submit an SF-50 which confirms both competitive status eligibility as well has highest grade/pay band level achieved. This may require that you submit more than one SF-50.
- To verify your competitive status: Box 34 must have a "1" and Box 24 must have a "1" or a "2"
If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
– Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, VRA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation . In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page .
If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions .
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL: All applicants are required to submit their most recently completed annual performance appraisal (dated within 18 months from the closing date of the vacancy announcement), which identifies your official rating of record (must be at least "Fully Successful") and is signed by the supervisor, or a statement explaining why the performance appraisal is unavailable. If you fail to provide a copy of the performance appraisal, or a statement advising why it is unavailable, you will be removed from further consideration.