The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) Deputy Director of Mission Integration (MI) serves as the Director of National Intelligence's (DNI) senior leader for intelligence integration across the IC enterprise. MI is responsible for ensuring customer outcomes by leading advances in collection and analysis that ensure the quality, timeliness, and utility of insights for the nation's decision-makers.
Learn more about this agency
- Plan, prepare, justification, administration, analysis, forecasting, and monitoring of budget/financial information to ensure cost-effective support of Intelligence Community (IC) organizations and programs; oversee budget/financial data analysis and the assessment of financial conditions by applying financial principles, policies, methods, techniques, and systems.
- Monitors the collection, research, and analysis of comprehensive and substantive financial information that includes budget, accounting, and financial reporting information to develop budget testimony, briefings, and talking points for senior DNI leadership and develop IC guidance on the preparation of resource requests and realignments or reprogramming to the DNI and Congress. May involve supporting major re-allocation of staffing, funds, or other resources.
- The development of complex financial analyses and provide expert advice and recommendations to senior IC customers in the context of their operations and requirements.
- Oversee and manage the financial implications of strategic and capital/lifecycle /infrastructure planning, investment control, policy enforcement, and management throughout the financial life cycles (i.e., planning, programming, budgeting, execution, and evaluation) within or between IC organizations.
- Monitors the development, improvement, and implementation of financial management policies and guidelines and establish performance metrics against IC priorities, policies, and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and outcomes of operational performance plans and identify potential threats or opportunities.
- Lead and manage the development and coordination of ODNI regulations to improve and standardize financial management processes and procedures to improve the quality of financial reporting in the IC.
- Manage the development of financial management programs, practices, processes, and activities by applying expert knowledge of strategic planning principles that incorporate the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of IC organizations.
- Liaise with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) leadership, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congressional oversight committees on financial management issues; participate in and, as required, oversee IC-wide financial management working groups, committees, and meetings.
- Provide expert advice to other financial or budget experts throughout the ODNI or other agencies on issues that involve applying or tailoring methods and procedures developed by the employee to a variety of situations.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Expert representational, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, logical, and concise products.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to negotiate, build consensus, and work effectively and independently in a team or collaborative environment
- COTR or the ability to become a COTR within 90 days of accepting assignment
- Expert knowledge of the principles, concepts, laws, and regulations of financial administration, budgeting, accounting, or auditing sufficient to generate new concepts and methodologies or to theorize, plan, and direct entire financial, budgeting, accounting, or auditing systems for broad, emerging, or similarly critical large-scale ODNI-wide programs of national or international scope where no precedents exist.
- Expert ability to plan, prepare, justify, administer, analyze, forecast, and monitor budget/financial information to ensure cost-effective support of organizations and programs, including conducting budget/financial data analysis and assessing financial conditions by applying financial principles, policies, methods, techniques, and systems.
- Superior knowledge of departmental or agency financial management policy, regulations, and financial systems and superior ability to apply sound and independent judgment in order to resolve complex financial problems.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACFexchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEODdni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, the ODNI hiring office will pay for travel by commercial carrier (economy class) or reimburse for privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage. If applicable, the candidate also will be reimbursed at a flat rate for commercial lodging and per diem.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description and required KSAs and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. The description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the work performed. Applicants will also be evaluated on their narrative responses to the KSAs. The best qualified applicants will be further evaluated through an interview process.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST CONTAIN ALL ITEMS LISTED ABOVE. AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Your application MUST be received by midnight on the closing date of this announcement. Applications received after the closing date will NOT be eligible for consideration. To verify receipt of your application package ONLY, you may call or email at Phone: 703-275-3663; Email: Recruitment_TeamDdni.gov.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.