Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Legal Counsel, Licensing and Cloud will:
- Draft and negotiate agreements and documentation for sales and revenue transactions, principally enterprise cloud services/SaaS, license and services agreements;
- Partner with the sales teams in closing deals with our customers and partners, with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure;
- Draft and negotiate data protection agreements, security agreements, partner agreements, distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, and vendor agreements, among others;
- Advise on legal, regulatory and reputational topics across the full range of company transactions, domestic and cross-border, with particular emphasis on licensing, contract, intellectual property, data security and privacy matters;
- Provide counsel related to the development of new software and emerging technology products, including without limitation, cloud offerings, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data sciences;
- Draft, manage and maintain key internal compliance policies and controls;
- Develop documentation and form agreements to adapt to new products, services and changes in commercial relationships or programs;
- Participate in preparing and presenting training materials and sessions;
- Contribute to team on anticipating issues and estimating risks strategically, and identifying proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks;
- Assist with the management of Legal Operations and implementing tools to maximize efficiency of the Legal Team.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the State of Massachusetts.
- 6 or more years of relevant attorney experience as in-house counsel (prior experience at a law firm is an asset);
- Substantial experience in the enterprise software licensing industry (with expertise in various licensing models, products and services); including experience with enterprise transactions, on-premises licensing, cloud/SaaS offerings, OEM, open source software and software development practices;
- Experience working closely and effectively with sales teams in deadline-driven environments, and effectively managing quarter-end and year-end responsibilities;
- Excellent understanding of regulatory issues impacting global software company, in particular domestic and international privacy and data protection standards (including handling security questionnaires from customers and negotiating DPAs, as applicable);
- Ability to work as a team-player, with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, across a variety of business and product disciplines;
- Ability to quickly grasp business objectives, prioritize and organize work autonomously;
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of company products and services;
- Strong ethical practice and commitment to professional responsibility;
- Experience in implementing tools and solutions to modernize processes and controls within a Legal team or other organization.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with SharePoint and Salesforce would be a plus.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.