This position is located in the Office of Public Affairs in the Web Electronic Publishing (WEP) Unit. As a Supervisory Web Product Specialist in WEP, you will be responsible for coordinating web product development and overseeing day-to-day functional, content, operational, procedural and technical tasks.
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Web Product Specialist, you will:
- Lead web product development by supervising the work of cross functional teams in order to translate customer needs and technology capabilities into useful websites and web applications. Leads the implementation of new concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing web products in a multi-tiered environment and serves as the subject matter expert for website development and other web technologies. Oversees the day-to-day tasks related to website design, development and testing, ensuring the use of industry best practices.
- Responsible for the overall development of new websites and web-based applications and ensures compliance with Federal and industry best practices. Participates in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing, integration and implementation.
- Oversee project activities associated with the design, development, modification, testing and implementation of new websites and web-based applications, and provides leadership over content inventories, audits, and migrations. Manages timelines for projects and launches, using internal tracking tools to provide visibility to staff and management. The incumbent optimizes cross-functional team efficiency acting as the go between and providing overall project clarity and direction. Builds and manages the product backlog to ensure all stakeholders understand the work items.
- Interact regularly with interdisciplinary teams, senior managers and peers, both within and external to the OCC on complex issues requiring negotiation, formal presentations and/or persuasion to achieve resolution consistent with the OCC's goals and priorities. Conduct research to develop a good understanding of customer needs, new technologies, and trends in the market and monitors the development of requirements, functional specifications, and prototypes to clearly illustrate product ideas, concepts and functionality.
- Supervises an assigned staff and directs the resources necessary to carry out programs and functions. Monitors the progress of assignments and evaluates training/ developmental needs. Assesses, evaluates and provides input into performance evaluations. Recommends personnel decisions regarding hiring, promotions, adverse actions, etc.
Conditions of Employment
Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
Complete a one-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level or GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Experience leading website and web application design and development from initiation to completion utilizing Agile methodologies for system development and user centered design methodologies for interface development. AND
- Experience with Web applications such as search engines, website prototyping tools, web data analytics applications and website testing tools. AND
- Experience applying project management principles to effectively manage timelines, resources and tasks to accomplish web projects goals and day to day operations.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To receive any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate the number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
There are no education requirements for this position.
For specific information on geographic pay differentials, click here .
Salary range includes 22.26% geographical pay.
If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more positions.
Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Web Applications and Technology
- Web Product Development Lifecycle
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
- Developing Others
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Level 3 overall and for all critical performance elements to be eligible for promotion.
Referral : If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus federal employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) , you must be rated as well-qualified to receive special selection priority. "Well-qualified" means that in addition to meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, you must receive a score of 85 or higher.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes: 1) A resume, 2) vacancy question responses, and 3) submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
RESUME: All applicants are required to submit a resume by either creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive any credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please review Resume Tips .
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are a former OTS employee serving under a permanent Schedule A 213.3105(d)(1) appointment at the OCC and you are a veteran, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing actual or expected dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15 , along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions .
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS : In addition, you may submit the following:
– Cover letter
– Recent performance evaluation (be sure to redact/remove all sensitive information prior to submitting)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.