This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Office of Information Technology, Division of Enterprise Solutions and Application Management. The duty location for these positions is Rockville, MD.
*Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health of Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
IT Specialist – Tools and Technologies Lead is a mission critical occupation for HRSA. This position is responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the qualification requirements stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.
As an IT Specialist – Tools and Technologies Lead, you serve as a technical expert responsible for ensuring the rigorous application of information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the systems analysis process.
Your major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading the adoption one or more of the listed enterprise tools and technologies including JIRA, Salesforce, Confluence, Dymanics365, Power Apps, DocuSign, SharePoint, and Business Intelligence platforms working with stakeholders in implementing the technical solution that meet business need at Enterprise Level.
- Applying agile methodology to ensure that the "speed of delivery" and "secure code" are merged into one streamlined process.
- Working with key stakeholders to modify and update the systems based on requirements; performing system maintenance such as periodic updates and upgrades; performing application monitoring and performance tuning; providing system development functions per requirements; and performing quality assurance prior to deployments into production.
- Documenting and communicating, clearly, technical requirements that can be easily understood by development, testing teams, and stakeholders to adopt in business solutions.
- Developing, reviewing and approving test plans, architectural diagrams, technology road maps, project management plans, work-break-down (WBS) structures, requirements documents, system documentation, standard operating procedures, user manuals, and system release procedures.
NOTE: Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Occasional travel – Expected travel may be up to 5% for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Position is not in the Bargaining Unit.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of the pre-appointment process (i.e., background investigation, verification of qualifications and job requirements, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, etc.)
THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE 10/16/2020.
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
To qualify for this position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have IT-related information security experience in each of the four competencies listed below:
In addition to meeting the four IT related competencies listed above, in order to qualify for this position at the GS-13 level, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-12 level in the federal service.
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, an applicant's one full year of specialized experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful job performance.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience equal to the GS-12 include performing the following types of tasks on a regular and recurring basis: Performing (low-code or no-code) custom development using one or more of the listed enterprise tools and technologies including JIRA, Salesforce, Confluence, Dymanics365, Power Apps, DocuSign, SharePoint, or other Business Intelligence tool; and, ensuring that the implemented solution adheres to industry best practices and any vendor/agency recommended security control requirements; administrating (i.e., operation, maintenance or upgrade) the implemented solution and the underlying tool(s)/technology(ies).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10927088
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on " Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities ".
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP): Click here for information on how to apply as an CTAP/ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy the displaced Federal employee must be found well-qualified.
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This is a Direct-Hire Authority position. Traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy. Veterans' Preference does not apply to direct hire recruitment procedures.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Authority .
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA's Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: askhrhrsa.gov or HRSA's Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: RA-Requesthrsa.gov . You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete online Application Package which includes:
- Personnel Orders: PHS Commissioned Corps Officers must submit a copy of latest personnel orders in lieu of SF-50.
- Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50), if current or former Federal employee.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit the USAJOBS Resource Center .
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/16/2020.