The Legal and Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring compliance with all of the legal and regulatory requirements to which we are subject, protecting the firm from regulatory and reputational risk across the globe, and strengthening the firms culture of compliance. We do this through collaborative partnership with the business units we support by providing thoughtful and timely advice. In addition, the department conducts global monitoring and training activities that, detect, address and mitigate regulatory and reputational risk. The advice coupled with the monitoring and training activities provide the framework to support the firms business strategy and objectives while maintaining a high standard for integrity.
As Compliance Counsel for the Legal and Compliance Department, you will support the firms asset management compliance group and provide regulatory guidance to various business units within the firm. Specifically, you will focus on providing regulatory compliance advice and related legal advice to AllianceBernsteins compliance staff, investment personnel, trading desks, marketing groups and operations teams. You will also assist with the firms response to regulatory inquiries, pre-litigation matters, compliance guidance and training efforts, and development of compliance policies and procedures.
To execute your responsibilities, you must be comfortable managing competing priorities and provide thoughtful, well-reasoned guidance to nuanced circumstances so that we meet legal and regulatory requirements, our fiduciary responsibilities, and client expectations. Your exceptional, clear, and concise interpersonal communication skills will help you as you collaboratively problem-solve situations to meet the expectations of demanding clients.
The position reports to AllianceBernsteins Chief Compliance Officer of US Asset Management.
- Performing legal research and regulatory research on a variety of emerging areas of law.
- Drafting memoranda, minutes, regulatory guidance, executive summaries, policies and procedures and training materials.
- Drafting correspondence and producing documents related to document requests, regulatory inquiries, notices and other legal documents.
- Working collaboratively with in-house counsel and serve as the liaison between outside counsel and business leaders on litigation, regulatory and other compliance-related matters.
- Showcasing your critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity by assisting with various department projects, the implementation of emerging regulations, and providing regular compliance advice on emerging topics.
- Demonstrating agility in handling a variety of other matters as they arise.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school, with 5+ years of in-house or law firm experience
- Experience with investment management or financial services law and/or regulations (preferred).
- Experience interacting with regulators (preferred).
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world’s top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.