What Youll Do:
- Provide legal advice and support to internal teams across the company on litigation risk and litigation-related processes.
- Manage outside counsel in devising and implementing global litigation, regulatory, and competition strategy.
- Work collaboratively as part of the team that manages litigation and pre-litigation threats on a variety of issues in the United States and around the world.
- Help develop scalable solutions for litigation challenges.
- Manage various other disputes/matters depending on aptitude and increasing volume and variety of work.
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but exercises excellent judgment about when to look for guidance from your managers and teammates.
- You are an excellent communicator with diverse and time-pressed stakeholders.
- You work effectively in cross-functional teams and are open-minded, inclusive, and flexible.
- You are able to assess quickly emerging situations and develop practical options to respond to and resolve risks, in a way that displays legal knowledge, common sense, and sound judgment.
- You view relationships with your clients and other stakeholders as key to your success and build and maintain trusted relationships with those individuals and their teams.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively multiple projects simultaneously.
- You get things done!
- You have a great sense of humor.
- 5+ years of government, in-house, and/or law firm litigation experience, including experience in California state and federal courts.
- Specialized knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: litigation in the European Union and/or United Kingdom, experience with platform liability issues, Section 230, First Amendment, and privacy.
- Experience with responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Prior experience representing technology or internet companies.
- JD and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar).