Jabil is seeking to hire an experienced Litigation Attorney based in our global headquarters in St. Petersburg, Florida. The position will be a key member of Jabils Litigation Legal team, reporting to the Chief Litigation Counsel to work in close collaboration with all legal functional areas, Ethics & Compliance, and Labor & Employment teams and Business Units.
Jabil (NYSE: JBL) is a diversified manufacturer and service provider with more than 200,000 employees operating in dozens of facilities in 29 countries. FY2019 Revenue was more than $25B.
In geographies and areas of responsibility and under the direction of the Chief Litigation Counsel and Senior Associate General Counsel, functions of this position include:
- Primary global claims and litigation responsibility for multiple large, multi-billion-dollar business units with tens of thousands of employees in 29 countries.
- Day to day counseling and legal assistance to business units on all aspects of litigation and claims.
- Leading and supporting investigations and helping improve Jabils global investigation processes.
- Providing sound strategic and tactical advice and counsel in an expedited, responsive manner.
- Developing, updating, advising on policies and processes in close collaboration with the legal functions and business community.
- Litigation, pre-litigation disputes, charge responses, and audits.
- Manage outside counsel relationship including retention, guidelines and budget/fee arrangements.
- Proactively informing, developing and training the business leaders on laws, regulations, lessons learned and best practices, including developing and delivering training programs.
- Drafting demand letters, pleadings, discovery, settlement agreements and other contractual agreements.
- Responsibility for work in locations within and outside of the US.
- Collaborating with key internal clients to help identify and drive process improvements, develop templates and self-service systems and tools, and risk mitigation strategies and practices.
- J.D. or equivalent degree and a member in good standing of a State Bar.
- 10+ years litigation experience – both in a law firm and in an in-house setting ideally with at least 4 years in-house in a global manufacturing or industrial company, and exposure to employment matters.
- Strong knowledge of civil procedure.
- Sufficient fluency in business principles to communicate with and influence business leaders, and comfort and experience using a commercial business-oriented approach to problem solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity and risk.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in litigation and proven ability to manage and direct in-house practice across multiple jurisdictions and across the company with minimal supervision, including at the most complex level.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead and drive change and improvement aligned to corporate priorities, strategic goals, risk mitigation needs, and practical realities.
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets, and leading outside counsel and internal partners to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to supervise and lead teams on matters of significance, and mentor and develop other team members, with substantial understanding and development of team priorities and direction.
- Proficient understanding of employee relations principles in the context of business operations, priorities, strategic goals, costs, risk tolerance and mitigation, and compliance.
- High level of integrity and trust and a strong ethical center.
- Superior legal and analytical skills excellent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a changing, fast-paced and energetic environment, and ability to establish and meet short-and long-term deadlines.
- Be a self-starter, able to handle many complex legal matters simultaneously.
- Have excellent interpersonal / people and collaboration skills, including the ability to influence and build relationships and interact effectively at all levels of the organization. Able to stand firm on issues when necessary. Strong executive presence.
- Possess gravitas, judgment and self-confidence, but also respect for others, regardless of position, and desire to work as a team member with all levels of management.
- Role requires travel inside and outside of the United States.
- International litigation experience is a plus
- Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish or Mandarin, is a plus.