At Beeswax, we make great advertising software. Beeswax created the Bidder-as-a-Service concept because we believe that every advertiser should have power, flexibility, and transparency when buying advertising programmatically. We offer our employees a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve – whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group. So come join our team and help us take our customers into the next generation of Real-Time Bidding!
We are looking for an Associate AdTech Counsel hire to support our growing legal team on legal operations on a global scale, providing advice and support to the company on a wide range of legal, commercial and compliance matters.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Review, draft and negotiate various contracts, including customer, vendor and business development contracts.
- Negotiate complex legal matters with customers, vendors and partners in a way that facilitates successful long-term business relationships
- Maintain an understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology, especially as they relate to digital media, advertising/marketing, data usage and privacy, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist with legal departmental initiatives, and special projects as the need arises.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school. Member in good standing of the New York or comparable State Bar.
- 1-5 years (preferred) of combined law firm or in-house experience that includes working within the Programmatic ad technology and/or data space (ad serving, analytics, programmatic, data management).
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements and similar complex services agreements, including privacy and data security provisions.
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment.
- Familiarity with both B2B and B2C aspects of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, advertising industry laws and self-regulatory guidelines, including the IAB TCF V2.0, NAI and DAA, GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, etc.
- Experience in the ad tech industry is a must have for this position, bonus points for deep knowledge of the Programmatic landscape.
More About Us:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then weve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and weve got the results to back it up: weve been recognized as one of Americas Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, weve won several Best Places to Work awards from places like Crains and BuiltIn NYC, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate many different professional experiences on our teams.