Claims Adjuster Specialist – Attorney Represented Injury
As a claims adjuster specialist, youll play a critical role managing complex attorney represented bodily injury (BI) claims. An ideal candidate will have experience working independently and directly with attorneys to negotiate and settle claims. By joining our organization, youll have the support of a collaborative team that will help you grow your claims career. Read on to learn more about some of the day-to-day responsibilities.
Duties & responsibilities
- Determines coverage and liability
- Negotiate with claimants or their attorneys
- Settle claims and set reserves
- Estimates cost of treatment or compensation for those injured in accidents
- Analyze and interpret medical reports, follow-up with no-fault parties, and manage claims process to ensure efficient resolution
- Interview, collect and document information from various people such as claimants, agents/brokers, attorneys, and police
- Bachelor’s degree or a combined total of five years of work experience and/or college education
- Must have one year of injury claims handling or work in the in the insurance industry
- Work or educational experience must include:?
- Making decisions?
- Solving problems?
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing?
- Effectively communicating verbally and in writing?
- Customer service?
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Understanding coverage and liability
- Working with attorneys or BI claims
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance?
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%?
- Diverse, inclusive and welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups?
- Career development and tuition assistance?
- Onsite gym and healthcare at large locations??
- Wellness?programs to help you maintain a better quality of life?
- Medical, dental and vision,?including free preventive care?
Equal Opportunity Employer
: United States-South Carolina-N Charleston
: United States-South Carolina-Greenville, United States-South Carolina-Columbia
Work From Home: No