Primary responsibility is to provide legal services with respect to company matters involving or related to any of the following: provider contracting; Allied Health and PBM contracting; vendor contracting; clinical issues; credentialing, appeals and grievances, litigation and disputes; regulatory matters; marketing reviews; HR matters; corporate transactions; governance matters; sales matters; ERISA; tax matters; benefit matters. Otherwise provide counsel on the variety of legal matters facing the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide legal advice, research, drafting, advocacy, negotiations and oversight relating to any of the following: Provider contracting, Allied health and pharmacy contracting, Vendor contracting, Regulatory matters, Clinical issues, Appeals and grievances, Credentialing, Litigation and disputes, Marketing reviews, HR matters, Corporate transactions, Governance matters, Sales matters, Tax matters, Benefit matters, and Other legal matters.
EDUCATION: Requires a J.D. and license to practice law in Massachusetts.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years relevant legal experience in a law firm or in-house environment; 3 years health or insurance law experience preferred
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills; ability to close deals and projects in timely fashion
- Excellent oral presentation and advocacy skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong analytic ability identify issues and develop innovative solutions and strategies to reach satisfactory resolution
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex legislation, laws and regulations and assist in compliance efforts
- Mature judgment on relevant matters of business and law
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive actively identify legal issues and actively manage the legal aspects of transactions and projects
- Ability to see the big picture as well as pay close attention to detail
- Ability to follow-through on commitments and tasks is critical
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires ability to interact effectively with all levels of Tufts Health Plan management and staff, clients, and outside counsel
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a team player
- Service-oriented approach to dealing with clients and ability to develop and maintain strong collegial relationships within the Law Department
- High level of integrity
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and issues
- Sense of humor
What we build together changes our customer’s health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!