You will serve as a Supervisory Administrative Specialist (Procurement & Payroll) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Administrative Services Center – ASC in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides management of a nation-wide payroll and procurement program and is the principal advisor for all payroll and procurement related issues for the Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA).
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Administrative Specialist (Procurement & Payroll) at the GS-0301-14, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the Manager for the Administrative Services Center (ASC) Financial Department responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating and evaluating all aspects of ASC procurement and payroll operations and program delivery.
- Analyzes and studies trends of current computer, word processing and information processing equipment technology for the organization.
- Develop, plan, maintain and enforce policies and procedures for nation-wide procurement and payroll programs, assesses the effectiveness of all payroll and procurement operations.
- Develops appropriate internal operating procedures based on impending changes in policy.
- Works with the Centers, as necessary, to ensure policies and procedures related to payroll and procurement management are in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Agency SOPs.
- Sustains good working relationships by presenting effective lines of communication with ODA Centers, high-level officials, and public and private entities/organizations in accomplishing program goals.
- Manages supervisors and staff assigned to the Department functions/activities either personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- ASC is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
- This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures, announcement # DE-20-116-ASC-10925136, open to the general public.
Occasional travel – On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- You must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date, if applicable.
- A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required.
- You may be required to complete a one-year probationary period for non-supervisors if you fail to complete the one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period.
- Financial disclosure is required.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
Federal status applicants must meet both Time-In-Grade AND experience requirements by the closing date of this announcement. However, if you have separated from the Federal Government for at least 52 weeks, you are not subject to the Time-in-Grade requirement.
GS-14: Must have held grade GS-13 for 52 weeks
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
GS-14: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Gathering and analyzing pertinent administrative data and making recommendations for, and/or solving complex administrative issues payroll (time and attendance) and procurement.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, regulations and policies for procurement and payroll activities in order to assess, evaluate, and monitor an organization's payroll and procurement programs.
- Communicating orally and in writing with various levels of internal and external customers to accomplish program goals; and
- Leading or supervising employees or projects.
There is no substitution for education at this grade level.
Qualification Standards: https: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
If selected for this position, you will be eligible for benefits. The above link is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application and resume will be compared to the answer you give to the minimum qualification question (s) on the assessment questionnaire. Your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet all the Specialized Experience required at each grade level. If you do not, you will be rated "Ineligible". If you are minimally qualified you will receive a numeric rating which is based on your responses to the questionnaire, including any narrative responses. The numeric score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your score can and may be adjusted downward to reflect the submitted application material.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Administration and Management, Compliance, Customer Service, Manages Human Resources, and Technical Competence
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume showing hours worked per week, dates of employment, and duties performed.
2. Completed Questionnaire
- Preview at: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10925134
3. Other supporting documents, such as:
- Veterans' documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 or other Member Copy showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
- If you are a current or former Federal employee, submit a copy of your official SF-50 or other official "Notification of Personnel Action" document that shows the following information to verify your eligibility for consideration as a status applicant:
- your appointment in the competitive or excepted service
- grade, step and salary
- highest grade held or full performance level of current or prior position (as applicable).
DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME OR ANY APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE AGENCY CONTACT.
Your latest resume submitted for this position will be used for qualification determinations and supersedes previous submissions.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP):
If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (which must show at least a "fully successful" rating or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. In addition to meeting all qualification requirements and selective placement factors (if applicable), CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must meet the Well-Qualified criteria with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above for the position in order to be given priority consideration. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is also on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP http: www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .
2. If you are a veteran applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) Appointing Authority or for any other Appointment based on your military service, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 copy showing type of discharge/character of service or other proof of creditable service.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.