The SAS Legal HR team is looking for a team member who will serve as the primary legal support for Global Benefits and Compensation for SAS and its affiliates. The role may also support team members in labor and employment questions, HR procurement, lead special projects, manage conflicts of interest, provide support on compliance investigations, and support SAS third party management system.
Location: Cary, NC and surrounding areas only.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Serve as the primary legal contact for all global benefits questions, including but not limited to SAS health and welfare and retirement plans.
- Serve as the primary legal contact for all global compensation plan questions and other global compensation issues as needed.
- Serve as the primary legal contact for all third-party contracts and questions.
- Identify and assist in necessary project completion, including but not limited to, policy and process edits and development as needed, throughout the company.
- Support other functions within the company as needed including payroll, procurement, security, healthcare, daycare, work life, corporate services, Legal compliance, and supporting related entities of SAS.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in an in-house legal setting.
- Experience with both Health and Welfare and Retirement Benefits.
- A familiarity with corporate compensation plans.
- Attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school. Licensed to practice law by being admitted to and a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Requires a minimum of five years of related experience.
- This is a Career level role.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Works on legal issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Ability to perform the duties of the job with general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Exercises excellent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Good knowledge of SAS approved legal positions and ability to apply those positions to solve problems and issues
- May assist in preparation of documents for government regulatory filings or responses to government or internal investigations or litigation.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Were the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isnt about fitting into our culture, its about adding to it – and we cant wait to see what youll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn.