- Legal Counsel, Labor & Employment
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. Thats why we’re always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and its our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Our global legal team may span 5 continents, but we are One Legal a cohesive global team, working together across borders in support of shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments both professional and personal with a healthy dose of fun thrown in along the way. We look forward to coming to work each day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the team first culture we have created.
We pride ourselves on being valued business partners who are responsive, consistent and proactive. We take customer service seriously and strive for excellence in execution. Equinixs consistent growth trajectory, which we expect to continue even in the face of global macroeconomic uncertainty, keeps us on our toes and constantly learning. Strong relationships with our internal clients, fueled by our solution-driven orientation and creative, practical advice get us invited to the table early and often and lead to interesting and rewarding work directly in support of Equinixs corporate strategy.
The One Legal team at Equinix seeks a Legal Counsel, Labor & Employment to support our global Managed Service Provider (MSP) program as well as provide general Labor & Employment support in the US and Canada. This role can be based in Tampa, Denver, Toronto, Montreal or our Redwood City, California headquarters.
- Provide legal support for Equinixs global MSP program, including proper worker classification and vetting of independent contractors.
- Represent Equinix Legal on a cross-functional team charged with shaping and implementing Equinixs MSP and contingent workforce policies and programs.
- Analyze, revise and negotiate supplier contracts related to Equinixs contingent workforce.
- Partner with senior labor & employment counsel in providing US and Canadian legal support to the organization.
- Effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel.
- Navigate competing workflows, set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results within agreed timelines.
- Think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems, including making and articulating determinations regarding risks and benefits.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying Equinixs enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and desire to work on challenging and new projects to support a lean and highly efficient legal team.
- Willingness to develop new areas of expertise and solve problems.
- 3+ years of relevant law firm or in-house experience, with at least 2 years of focus on issues surrounding MSP and contingent workforce planning.
- Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a demanding workload.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with Canadian labor and employment law.
- Strong Canadian French language skills.
- Familiarity with data centers and the colocation and telecommunications industries.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse and global company.
- Law degree from accredited law school, or the equivalent.
- Current member of a Bar association, or legal association applicable to jurisdiction of hire.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.