Primary Position Objectives:
general supervision, DEFENDS lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents
GEICO in subrogation, Uninsured Motorist (UM) and Underinsured Motorist (UIM),
and PIP lawsuits filed in courts of limited jurisdiction and, in the discretion
of the Managing Attorney, in courts of unlimited jurisdiction.
RESEARCHES laws and PREPARES legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
legal opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims
and HANDLES pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include
depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath.
by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
- MEETS deadlines to respond to
pleadings and correspondence.
6. ADHERES to the
GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions
and to facilitate interaction with management and co-workers.
8. MEETS the requirements specified below.
- Must be able, with or without
accommodation, to perform the essential functions which include, but are
not limited to, thinking (concentrating, focusing, assimilating
information), reading, writing, listening, typing, speaking, bending,
reaching, lifting, and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel as
required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings,
depositions, management meetings and conferences.
- Must be able to use a keyboard
and a mouse.
- Must be able to access and
utilize multiple pieces of office equipment that may require simultaneous
- Must be able to communicate in
a professional manner in person, via telephone and written
- Must be able to document files
in a clear, concise, professional written manner, to be understood by
customers, clients, co-workers and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to follow complex
instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and
have strong organization/priority setting and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to learn and apply
large amounts of technical and procedural information.
- Must have the following
education and experience:
- Must be licensed in good
standing to practice law in applicable jurisdictions, and meet and
maintain licensing requirements including mandatory Continuing Legal
Education (CLE) requirements where applicable.
- Minimum of one year of
insurance defense or personal injury litigation experience or two
years litigation experience
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union