Associate General Counsel, Ethics and Compliance Americas and EMEA
VF’s Associate General Counsel, Ethics and Compliance, will be responsible for VFs Ethics and Compliance Program by ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies, primarily in the Americas and EMEA regions. The person holding this position will report to the Vice President, Ethics and Compliance and Legal Operations.
- Provide guidance and influence to overall leadership and strategy for the Ethics and Compliance Program in Americas and EMEA. Ensure consistency and best practices are shared globally.
- Serve as a visionary and strategic leader by leading key components of VFs Ethics and Compliance Program including risk assessment, policy development, training, communication, monitoring, and program evaluation and improvement; be accountable for VFs global investigations program
- Provide strategic legal guidance on negotiation, ethics violation investigations, contract review, joint ventures and day-to-day operations to VFs global Supply Chain organization
- Ability to anticipate and predict trends, prevent potential risk, determine appropriate strategies to resolve issues and implement program enhancements and solutions by applying legal knowledge and experience on all key initiatives in Ethics and Compliance
- Ability to influence and provide guidance to the Executive Leadership team on potential risk and provide creative and innovation solutions regarding ethics and compliance issues to be implemented globally
- Work cross-functionally to develop Ethics and Compliance training and awareness strategy that engage employees and are applicable in addressing illegal, unethical and improper conduct
- Create, develop and implement program initiatives on critical compliance topics such as third-party risk, antitrust, confidential/proprietary information, gifts and entertainment, conflicts of interest and other areas as needed.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations to executives, stakeholders and employees regarding various compliance-related topics that influence and guide key strategic roadmaps.
- Ensure overall achievement of financial budgeting and KPI targets
- Lead and develop a team of compliance professionals
- Successfully complete other work as requested
Required Experience and Education
- 12+ years of previous successful business and/or legal experience in a relevant field that demonstrates a work history of maintaining high ethical standards and personal integrity
- BA/BS undergraduate degree with excellent academic accomplishment plus J.D. or equivalent and/or other certifications required
- Strong organization, execution and project management skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently while demonstrating practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills
- Executive presence and excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at the management level
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments as needed to meet deadlines and fulfill the demands of VFs high-energy environment
- Ability to relate well across cultures with a wide variety of people in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Comfortable engaging in all levels of work from the exciting to the mundane
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred